Emergency serves have confirmed a fatality at popular Germany music festival Wacken.
The currently unnamed male passed away due to carbon monoxide poisoning reports suggest. The man allegedly died after falling asleep under the cover of a canvas tent, which contained a power generator filling the tent with the gas.
"Unfortunately, we have sad news: We were informed by the German Red Cross that there has been a death at the Wacken Open Air 2012. We are shocked and send our condolences to family and friends of the deceased. Final details are not known at this point. " ICS Festival Service GmbH issued.
An investigation has been launched.